THE SIOC WANTED TO INCREASE REVENUE, EXPAND MEMBERSHIP, AND IMPROVE ATTENDANCE AT MONTHLY CONTINUING-EDUCATION EVENTS.
Business Strategy, Professional Programming, Event Planning, Copywriting
CA Information Officers are tasked with informing the public about important news, events, and operations of state agencies.
I was recruited as a board member and Program Chair to increase revenue and membership. I was also asked to coordinate monthly professional training sessions that peaked interest and encouraged people to attend.
After several meetings to review and analyze the council's needs, I collaborated with the Governor's office, State Assembly, local colleges and universities, and private-sector specialists to offer an array of professional programming.
• Pitch-Perfect: Learn the secrets of a perfect media pitch from a managing editor and Pulitzer-Prize nominee
• Writing for the Web: Strategies on how to focus your message, improve user experience, and make your life (much) easier
• Improve Your Social Life: Vital information about how to manage your agency's message with Facebook and Twitter
• Go Ahead, Shoot!: How to produce high-quality videos for the Web on a shoestring budget
• Handling Big Situations: Indispensable crisis strategies from an SIOC Lifetime Achievement Award winner
• Building Trust in Government: How to earn the public's trust and maintain privacy in the age of social media
• Crisis Communication Skills: How to keep cool and get your message across in the chaos
In addition, I helped facilitate SIOC Training Day, the group's largest, annual event that offered courses by specialists from Facebook, Google, advertising agencies, public relations firms, communication professors, and several others.
Increased annual revenue and membership by 2x, and attendance at professional programming events by 3x.