LET US BE YOUR GUIDE
THE OSP WORKS WITH THE SECRETARY OF STATE TO COMPILE, REVIEW, AND PRINT EVERY LOCAL AND STATEWIDE VOTER INFORMATION GUIDE IN CALIFORNIA.
Research, Copyediting, Proofreading
I was part of the prepress team that compiled and reviewed local and statewide voter guides for the 2018 election season.
In collaboration with the Secretary of State, we collected candidate statements as well as detailed information about every ballot measure.
We then copyedited and proofread every word of text meticulously, according to best practices and state law. This procedure was followed for every language version of every voter guide.
At times, a candidate or the author of a measure requested changes. When this happened, the entire section was copyedited and proofread again, even if the changes were minor.
This painstaking and time-consuming process helped ensure that voters were getting accurate information before going to the polls.
Among the 2018 ballot measures reviewed:
• Proposition 1: Bond for housing assistance
• Proposition 7: Federalization of CA daylight savings
• Proposition 8: Regulation of kidney dialysis clinics
• Proposition 10: Expand rent control
• Proposition 12: Increased space for farm animals
• Proposition 68: Bonds for park land and water
• Proposition 71: Set date for ballet measures
• Proposition 72: Rain-capture tax exemption
Among the 2018 candidate statements reviewed:
• Dianne Feinstein for Governor
• John Cox for Governor
• Eleni Kounalakis for Lieutenant Governor
• Mark Meuser for Secretary of State
• Betty Yee for Controller
• Greg Conlon for Treasurer
• Ricardo Lara for Insurance Commissioner
• John Kelly for Board of Equalization
The guides were produced on schedule, providing useful and accurate information to help voters prepare for casting their ballots.